Purpose of the Job
IATA Trainer job focuses on techniques and strategies to plan IATA training program delivery. Trainer develops a training session, impart learning through active learning, and sequence learning activities to ensure an effective mix and flow. Trainer concludes a training session with an emphasis on knowledge transfer so participants can apply the learning back on the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and deliver lectures as per the planned structure & schedule of a course.
• Provide training in areas such as but not limited to: Foundations of Travel & Tourism, Managing Travel Business, GDS Fares & Ticketing, IATA Hospitality Training Services, and Tourism.
• Work as travel consultant and prepare candidates to be IATA certified.
• Administer the International Books orders, Exams and Certificate.
• Follow up with IATA on any student raising affair.
• Develop IATA training Service Scopes and areas.
• Ensure that course content is up-to-date and meets aviation industry’s requirements and priorities.
• Ensure that course material contains clear and measurable objectives.
• Create an interactive atmosphere in the classroom by developing exercises and mini case studies; encourage discussion and participation of the audience.
• Prepare course assignment or examination to assess participants’ understanding of the subject matter studied.
• Coordinate student’s affairs with IATA through direct official e-mails and written communication channels.
• Evaluate Learners’ performance and provide feedback to participants.
• Provide feedback to Business Training Manager on the existing courses and their delivery, and identify training needs leading to the development of new courses in the area of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
• (For detailed duties, refer to the Operations’ Handbook.)
• Additional tasks may be delegated as per the requirement.
• Tertiary Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience.
• IATA Certified Travel & Tourism Consultant, or, Certified IATA Standard Fares & Ticketing. If not certified, candidate should be qualified IATA Travel & Tourism Business Management and Trainer.
• Must hold a valid IATA certificate for category of courses he is eligible to train as well as successfully completed the IATA Professional Skills for Instructors course.
• Additional requirements per area of study
• Minimum 5 years working experience in areas and scopes of courses deliverable, this includes but not limited to : IATA Foundation, Cargo, Cabin Crew, Managing Travel Business, Passenger Ground Service, Airport Operations, Customer Service….etc.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• English Language – Proficient in English language.
• Highly developed classroom management skills
• Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific disciplines.
• Understanding of and ability to design and implement competency based assessment meeting specific learning outcome criteria.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work effectively and to contribute to the team environment and objectives.
• Demonstrated high level customer service skills with external and internal trainees.
• Proven ability to implement & evaluate high quality education & training programs to meet customer needs.
• Demonstrated cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a classroom comprising UAE and expatriates.
• Proven capacity to be flexible and responsive to situations
• Ability to use information technology in the classroom such as smart board, PowerPoint, MS Word, spread sheets and database.
Business Training Manager
Abu Dhabi / Al Ain
To apply send your cv to email@example.com
Fields marked with * are required
AI Moroor Road,
Next To The Main Bus Station,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Al Meryal, Next to Al Towaya park
68297. Al Ain, United Arab Emirates.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Telephone : +971-2-4080000, +971-3-7555005
Fax :+965 22427823