Certified Management Accountant (CMA®)
The CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification is the globally recognized, advanced-level credential appropriate for accountants and financial professionals in business. The certification signifies that the person possesses knowledge in the areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics, the skills most in demand on finance teams around the world. The CMA is a U.S.-based, globally recognized certification offered by The Institute of Management Accountants.
The Institute of Management Accountant (IMA), serving individuals and corporations for nearly a century, is the world’s leading professional organization dedicated to the advancement of accounting, finance, and information management.
With chapters around the world, the IMA provides members with personal and professional development opportunities through the globally recognized and highly coveted Certified Management Accountant (CMA®).
The CMA is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. Achieving the CMA credential demonstrates your mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support, as well as professional ethics.
The CME Credentials are:
- Focused – On the critical skills you use in business
- Respected – Leading employers seek to hire and promote CMAs
- Valued – CMAs earn higher compensation than non-certified professionals.
- Convenient – CMA exams are offered electronically in hundreds of locations worldwide.
- It offers convenient exam and flexible study options with three exam windows each year.
- You can schedule exams at a time and place convenient to you.
There are two parts to the CMA exam, consisting of four hours each, which can be taken in any order. The exam is structured as follows:
Financial planning, performance and control
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Performance measurement
- Cost management
- Internal controls
- Professional ethics
Financial decision making
- Financial statement analysis
- Corporate finance
- Decision analysis and risk management
- Investment decisions
- Professional ethics
- Training Material: Gleim
- Duration: 80 hours
- Timing: 6PM – 9:30 PM
- Two days a week
- Mondays & Wednesdays Only
To be certified as a CMA, candidates must fulfill both an education requirement and an experience requirement in addition to passing the exam:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Two continuous years of professional experience
- Foundation knowledge of economics, basic statistics and financial accounting
- Agree to abide by IMA’s statement of ethical professional practice.
- Having completed both parts of the CMA exam
Who Should Attend?
The CMA is tailor-made for finance professionals at all levels, whether you want to enhance your value to your current organization or expand your career potential.
The CMA examination is given in a computer-based format
- Exam duration is 4 hours for each part (100 multiple choice questions and two 30 minute essay questions).
- The IMA is making it possible to sit your CMA exam at a date, time and place convenient to you
Exams can be taken in three different window periods
- January and February
- May and June
- September and October