Digital Marketing & Social Media
International certification in Social Media and Digital Marketing
Gain a comprehensive foundation in digital marketing, with a solid understanding of how each discipline works, and finishing with how the disciplines work together.
At the end of the series, you’ll be armed with enough information to confidently discuss each area of digital marketing with clients, team members, or potential employers. This course also prepares you to move on to the full-length immersion courses in your preferred disciplines.
The curriculum is made up of eight discipline-specific short courses, each with its own workbooks, quizzes, and final test.
Digital Marketing Module goals:
Successful candidates will be able to:
Understand key concepts of digital marketing, including advantages, limitations and planning.
Understand various web presence options and how to select appropriate keywords for search engine optimization.
Recognize different social media platforms, and set up and use common platforms.
Understand how effective social media management assists in promotion and lead generation.
Use a social media management service to schedule posts and set up notifications.
Understand various options for online marketing and advertising, including search engine, e-mail and mobile marketing.
Understand and use analytics services to monitor and improve campaigns.
What does the Digital Marketing qualification cover?
• Social Media
• Content Marketing Foundations
• Conversion Optimization
• Web Analytics
• Mobile Marketing
• Email Marketing
What does the Social Media qualification cover?
A. Social Media
B. Cyber Safety
C. Online Search
A. Social Media Essentials
· Know the fundamentals of creating and managing social media presences on common social media platforms both for personal and business purposes.
· Understand how different social media platforms can be used by organizations to target different audiences,
· Understand how various social media platforms can be used to promote their organization as well as its products and services.
· Be aware of the responsibilities associated with the safe use of social media and will be aware of privacy and data protection issues
· Appreciate the importance of managing online reputation and understand the need for organizations to have a social media online reputation plan.
· Know how to develop a simple social media policy document for an organization to monitor online conversations.
· Understand how to prevent a social media crisis and how to respond to such a crisis.
2. Cyber Safety Essentials
· Understand the threats posed by viruses and will know the importance of using anti-virus software and Firewalls.
· Know about back-up procedures and good password practices as well as knowing how to filter email for spam and the importance of scanning email attachments before opening them. Be aware of the information contained in smart devices and how it is shared online.
· Know how to set appropriate security features for smart devices to guard against security threats and prevent un-authorized access to the device and the data it contains.
· Recognize the risks in everyday use of the Internet and know how to protect themselves when shopping online.
· Be aware of the implications of putting personal information on social networking sites and be aware of privacy issues.
· Be aware of some of the dangers associated with social networking, including inappropriate content, age verification issues, access to profiles and the potential for predators.
3. Online Search Essentials
· Know how to use a search engine to carry out a search and to be aware of safety issues while browsing
· Be able to perform a wide range of targeted search tasks, taking advantage of the wide range of search features and filters available to efficiently search and refine their search inquiry to produce meaningful results for their work.
· Be aware of the scope of information available and be able to search throughout web pages, images, blogs, maps, video libraries as well as academic resources.
· Be aware of various social media search tools and be able to search throughout different social media platforms.
· Be able to evaluate their search results in terms of relevance to their work or project and be able to assess the currency and quality of the information and its sources.
· Be able to recognize any gaps in the information retrieved and amend their search plan to address the same.
· Understand the concepts of Intellectual Property (IP), plagiarism and copyright and be able to reference any resources they use in their work or projects and appreciate the importance of referencing.
Eligibility: Average communication in English language.
Course format: 36 hours classroom training (4 weeks)