Facility Management Professional
Facility management (FM) is a field that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality, comfort, safety and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
FM is categorized as either ‘Hard’ or ‘Soft’ and often involves a range of third-party providers that must be carefully managed.
This course explores all aspects of FM and how to ensure maximum value is achieved, providing a range of essential considerations for the FM Manager.
The course uses a mix of interactive and hands-on techniques. In addition to brief presentations by the facilitator and the participants, there are numerous individual and group exercises, videos and problem solving activities.
- Define the foundations of Facility Management and understand Facility Management strategies
- Outline the considerations in Facility Planning Understand service delivery and performance management
- Adopt best practice in managing the Facility Management function
- Understand the role of project and maintenance management in Facility Management
- Understand sustainability in Facility Management
- Outsource key Facility Management operations to third party organizations