General English Language Course (Elementary)
The elementary level of the English Language Course is designed to build up a solid base for both oral and written communication skills.This would be achieved by emphasis on using the language through processes of exploration,and discussion of certain topics (cultural, educational, scientific and others)strengthening, meanwhile,the independent analytical and critical thinking among students.
Another main crucial objective is to internalize the underlying structures of the language through series of supplementary and supporting tasks and activities.
Through the course,students deal with the following:
1. Individual oral presentations on various topics.
2. General discussions on the topics of presentations.
3. Supplementary and supporting tasks and activities to
- internalize the underlying structures.
- develop the oral & written communication skills
- develop the analytical critical thinking
4. Some short grammatical notes given by the teacher to draw the students’ attention to the underlying structure in question.
5. Class assignments
At the end of the course the students are expected to do (or reveal) the following as evaluated by the faculty in the department:
- Acquire the basics of the spoken language with attempts to practice intensively on it through various processes of oral communication.
- Develop independent learning.
- Develop the analytical and critical thinking.
- Use of IT devices in presentations.
Teachers bear in mind that a learner-centered method and not a teacher-centered is to be applied in order to achieve the objectives given above. Consequently, students are given most of the time in class to explore, practice and use the language.
Further, students are involved in a variety of activities and tasks prepared and designed by the teacher to fully cover the various parts of the topic in question. Teachers, however, are allowed to give some short grammatical notes when necessary to draw the students’ attention to the structures in use.
|Topics for presentations and discussions||Underlying Structures|
|Introducing yourself||Verb to be|
|My country||Possessive adjective|
|The world of work||Present simple 1|
|What do you want to be in future?|
|How do you live||Present simple 2|
|What is your favorite season?||There is/are|
|Where do you live||How many…..|
|Homes around the world||Prepositions of place|
|This, that, these, those|
|What can you do?||Can/can’t|
|What can super kids do?||Could|
|Events from the20th century||Was/were|
|Three Inventors||Was born|
|Incredible information||Past simple 1|
|My favorite food||Time expressions|
|Food around the world||Countable and uncountable no|
|Talking about your town||Past simple 2|
|Dangerous sports||Time expressions|
|Noises||Do you like..?|
|Noises in the night||Would you like..?|
|Things you have done||Present perfect|
|How to live to be 100|
|The Written Exam|
- 60 hours / 6 weeks
- Weekdays Classes
- Sunday to Thursday
- One Time or Installment
- Books included