General English Language Course (Upper-Intermediate)
This course is designed to see if students can understand the main ideas of complex text and can produce clear detailed text. Spoken communication is emphasized and students gain confidence in their listening and grammar.
Students will be able to:
- Have an effective use of English
- Take part in extended conversations on a wide range of topics. If they don’t know the appropriate term for something they are able to find a way of describing it.
- Knowledge of some idiomatic English and colloquial expressions. All main areas of English grammar have been covered at this level.
At the end of the course the students are expected to do (or reveal) the following as evaluated by the faculty in the department:
- Acquire the basics of the spoken language with attempts to practice intensively on it through various processes of oral communication.
- Develop independent learning.
- Develop the analytical and critical thinking.
- Use of IT devices in presentations.
Teachers bear in mind that a learner-centered method and not a teacher-centered is to be applied in order to achieve the objectives given above. Consequently, students are given most of the time in class to explore, practice and use the language.
Further, students are involved in a variety of activities and tasks prepared and designed by the teacher to fully cover the various parts of the topic in question. Teachers, however, are allowed to give some short grammatical notes when necessary to draw the students’ attention to the structures in use.
- 60 hours / 6 weeks
- Weekdays Classes
- Sunday to Thursday
- One Time or Installment
- Books included