IATA Foundation in Travel & Tourism
By successfully completing the examination one would receive the Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma, and would also be eligible for Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) certification. This course is offered in partnership with the United Federation of Travel Agents’ Associations (UFTAA) and is endorsed by the Canadian Institute of Travel Counselors (CITC).
In the course, learners study the following:
- Overview of the travel and tourism industry
- Requirements to become a travel agent
- Customer service principles
- Air transport products and services
- Airfares and ticketing
- Electronic booking tools
- Pre-packaged tour products
- Introduction to rail, land and water transport
- Soft Skills
- Computer Basics
- English Speaking
- Mock tests for ensuring additional preparation and ability to clear IATA exam in first attempt
- Job assistance after completion of the course
- Repetition of course / modules should the IATA exam not be cleared in first attempt
- Waiver of IATA exam fees for second attempt, if at all needed
- Transportation facility for classes at a minimal cost, within 10 kms radius of the College
- Certification of attendance issued by Khawarizmi Training Solutions, approved by Ministry irrespective of clearance of IATA exam, as we believe the journey of learning is as important as the clearance of the Exam. Job assistance would be offered at the end of attending the course as well
- Duration : 60 hours / 3 months
- Timing : 02:00 PM – 04:00 PM
- Days : Friday & Saturday
- Payment : One Time or Installment
- Free Books & Exam
Open to all those that have completed High School and have good English communication skills. There is no entrance test.
Weekdays: 3 hours per day and 3 days a week – 1 – 2 hours per day practice / assignments in addition to class.
Weekends: 4 hours per day x 2 days a week – – 1 – 2 hours per day practice / assignments in addition to class. Batches are extended to students as per their convenience – available on weekends, morning, and late evenings and during the Day time too.
Batches are extended to students as per their convenience – available on weekends, early morning, and late evenings and during the Day time too.
Profiles available for entry – level Jobs: Inbound Tour Consultant, Outbound Tour Operations & Sales, Travel Consultant, Reservation Agent, Reservation assistant, Holiday Consultant, Ticketing Executive
Upon successful completion of the course, you will acquire the listed skills:
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer loyalty
- Understand the various services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Plan and reserve travel itineraries using standard industry coding
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Book and sell travel products using Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Abacus, Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre
- Study the basics of the travel and tourism industry and understand what it takes to become a successful travel agent.
- Improve one’s customer service and sales skills in order to better advise clients about when and where to travel based on their needs
- Learn how to provide the best flight, accommodation and tour options, and how to ensure clients fulfillment of all necessary travel requirements.